Albuquerque Homes for Sale
Explore the Different Neighborhoods of Albuquerque
The Northeast Heights - Homes for Sale
Zip Code 87112
Zip Code 87111
Zip Code 87110
Favorite Things to Do
Fun Facts About Albuquerque
- At an elevation of 5314 feet above sea level, Albuquerque is the highest metropolitan city in the US.
- Sandia Peak Tramway runs from the base of the Sandia Mountains to their summit called Sandia Peak. It is the longest aerial tramway in North America spanning 2.7 miles.
- Sandia Peak’s elevation is 13,378 feet above sea level and offers panoramic view of more than 11,000 square miles.
- Over 2/3 of New Mexico’s land mass is government owned and protected.
- Albuquerque is the home of Ben Abruzzo, Larry Newman and the late Maxie Anderson, the three pilots of the world famous “Double Eagle II” — the first manned balloon to cross the Atlantic.
- According to weather bureau records going back over 50 years, Albuquerque receives 77% of all available sunshine.
- Cochiti Dam and Reservoir located 45 miles northwest of Albuquerque is a wakeless lake offering wind sailing, fishing and other recreational facilities.
- Every October Albuquerque is host to the world class Albuquerque International Balloon Fiesta in which over 800 hot air balloons participate.
- Kirtland Air Force Base and Sandia National Laboratories are located on the SE side of town. Kirtland is the 6th largest Air Force Base in the US and Sandia Laboratories is famous for extensive research and development projects.
- Albuquerque has more than 172 city parks and a complete system of hiking and biking trails.